An assault charge has been re-laid over an incident at a Myrtle Bank nursing home where a 72-year-old grandmother was found battered and bruised in 2015. The fresh prosecution follows the sudden withdrawal last year of charges against a man, which left Elizabeth “Libby” Hannaford’s family dismayed. They had arrived at the Adelaide Magistrates Court in September last year expecting the hearing to begin, only to discover the charges had been withdrawn two months earlier. In response to inquiries at the time as to why the charges were withdrawn, Superintendent Stuart McLean said: “SA Police are confident that there was no reasonable prospect of conviction in this matter.” Now charges have been re-laid against the man who was a carer at the home at the time.
August 7, 2017
Ferngrove Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd is involved in a s.604 (Appeal of decisions) because it didn’t like the previous Ji outcome.
August 7, 2017
An application by Health Services Union (s.229 – Application for a bargaining order) will be heard by Deputy President Barclay in hearing room 8, first floor in Hobart today.
August 7, 2017
Michele Adair has been appointed CEO of the Illawarra community housing provider.
August 7, 2017
The Uniting Church in Australia Property Trust (Q.) has a (s.739 – Application to deal with a dispute) it must defend before Commissioner Simpson (Copeland), St Vincent De Paul Society has to deal with a (s.372 – Application to deal with other contravention disputes) before Commissioner Johns in his Sydney chambers (Campbell).
August 7, 2017
Oolong Aboriginal Corporation will defend a (s.365 – Application to deal with contraventions involving dismissal) lodged by an ex-staff member (Longbottom).
August 7, 2017
A rostering bungle that hindered the treatment of two patients who died of strokes at the Royal Adelaide Hospital reflected a “casual” approach to health administration, South Australian Coroner Mark Johns said. An inquest has been told that the hospital’s two clot-busting specialists were on leave at the same time and there was a mix-up over what arrangements had been made to cover for them. In response to the revelations yesterday, Mr Johns questioned the “culture” of health administration. “It’s just a way too casual approach to take,” he said. “That’s my view of the matter.” The coroner is investigating the deaths of Michael John Russell, 60, and 87-year-old Leslie Robert Graham.
August 4, 2017
Jennifer Scholz has failed to prove that she was unfairly dismissed by The Paraplegic & Quadriplegic Association of South Australia Inc T/A HomeCare+.